He was in his late 40's and died of cancer.
He will be missed.
His passing kicked me in the arse to fire up this blog again. I mean, after all it's only been 3 years, right? Right.
And what's 3 years between friends? I mean, other than 3 years.
I first got a whiff of Newcleus as a freshman in high school (round abouts '86). There was a senior...Ken something or another...who was friends with another dude named Lance....they were cool. And they thought I was cool (or gullible, could have been either). Anyway...they were WAY in to Newcleus...so much so that they wanted to be the white equivalents of Newcleus in Westerville, OH. Forget the fact that they didn't play instruments. Or that my 'wheels of steel' were a POS belt drive garage sale record player (I shudder to even call that thing a turn-table, although it did serve its purpose years later in Devilcake). Anyway, I can't remember how long I was part of the 'crew.' At some point, I even drew a comic book for WBIS (White Boys in Space).
In retrospect, the comic book was a nice homage to "Jam On Revenge" since the cover was designed by Bob Camp and Pat Redding of Marvel Comics.
Anyway...enough babbling. Enjoy "Jam on Revenge" by Newcleus. Complete with the warm pops and hiss of vinyl, baby!
-A.T.
Side One: Jam On Revenge-Newcleus (22MB, please Right Click 'Save As')
Side Two: Jam On Revenge-Newcleus (22MB, please Right Click 'Save As')
Buy on Amazon

No comments:
Post a Comment