There's a whole bunch of stuff to do to make it stream and all that jazz. This post will not have all of that RSS-y goodness. It will be a link. If it streams for you, cool. If it doesn't, sorry about that. It's about 68MB and clocks in at 1hour 13 minutes and 21 seconds.
Todd, How did you think of the idea for Side One, Track One (or SOTO as it shall forever henceforth be known because I'm a lazy typer)?
Glad you asked. Mostly it came about because I love listening to vinyl and if I didn't give myself and excuse to spin some of the nearly 1500 albums I have, it'd be a lot more tempting for me to just box them all up. And to me, that'd be a crime.
So, in my infinite quest to still (deep down somewhere in my gut) be a radio DJ, I thought, it's the next best thing. No one can fire me if I suck. And no one has to listen if they don't want to.
It's apparent to me after the first show that this is definitely a collaborative effort. I loved having Darrin over. It was like old times. It was very cool.
Alright, enough jibber jabber (fool).
On to the album.
For the inaugural episode of SOTO, I wanted to use one of the 4 Half-Speed Masters I own. They are Boston's first album, Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, Kansas' Leftoverture and Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run.
It was really close between Boston and the Boss, but in the end Bruce won out (Jersey represent, yo).
So, here in it's entirety is Bruce's 1975 Born to Run. It's a flippin' sweet album that I had forgotten how much I enjoyed until yesterday.
Here's a few details.
The file (68MB) is HERE.
Side One starts at 11min 15sec.
Side Two starts at 41min 06sec.(after a bad drop).
There's a bonus Bruce track (Blinded by the Light) at 32min 37sec.
Enjoy as I'm not sure when (or if) there will be a next episode. That largely depends on the three of you.
Peace,
Todd
No comments:
Post a Comment